This report is to consider whether the homoeopathic medicines in the treatment of generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) is effective and safe.
II. Interpretation and Analysis
i. Facts and findings
1.Homeopathy is a form of holistic medicine used by over 200 million people worldwide to treat both acute and chronic diseases.
2. It is based on the principle of a substance taken in small amounts will cure the same symptoms it causes if it was taken in large amounts.
3. Homeopathic medicines are perfectly safe to use for people with psychological diseases, who are under the supervision of a medically.
4. Anxiety is a psychological and physiological state characterized by cognitive, somatic, emotional, and behavioral components and combine to create an unpleasant feeling that is typically associated with uneasiness, apprehension, fear of being alone, or worried.
5. Some studies claimed that there was significant difference in the incidence of GAD according to the gender which the male to female ratio is 3:4.
ii. Evidence for treatment of GAD using homeopathy medicine
Homoeopathy can be proved an effective method of treatment in GAD as it emphasizes not only treating signs and symptoms but also treating the patient on the holistic basis.
So it is not only reduce the anxiety but also make the individual to feel better in other areas of functioning.
iii. Unusual and out of ordinary
There is a gap between the ordinary and scientific understanding of emotions, anxiety is one of the example of this gap. Less attention have been paid to the variety of expression of anxiety.
Bodily symptoms and cognitions may contribute to disturbing and compelling characters of feelings and emotions but patient with GAD are not as such disturbing and compelling.
iii. Implications of using homeopathy medicine in GAD
Homeopathic treatment does not interfere with the process of immunity in the body. Homeopathy is a system of drug therapeutics based on law of similar. Law of similar is a universal law and the fundamental law on which the system homeopathy rests. A complete diagnosis offers a full comprehension of the patient personality his law, Constitution and the mechanism and production of symptoms.
Homeopathic medicines are prescribed by totality of symptoms outwardly reflected picture of the internal essence of disease rather than conditions as each case of particular illness can manifest differently in different people.
The knowledge of diagnostic symptoms helps in determining the individual characteristic symptoms which form the basis of a prescription in homeopathic practice.
There is significant reduction in the disease intensity scores after Homeopathic treatment in 30 cases with diagnosis of “Generalized anxiety disorder” interpreted by Dr Nitin Tyagi. Therefore, Homeopathic treatment is effective and safe in Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD).
It is recommended that patients:
– requiring a constitutional remedy
– to seek advice from a registered homeopath before taking a remedy
– to use placebo treatment to verify the effectiveness of treatment first
. (2016). What is homeopathy. Retrieved 8 April, 2016, from http://www.britishhomeopathic.org/what-is-homeopathy/
. (2013). Homoeopathy in management of generalized anxiety disorder. Retrieved 8 April, 2016, from http://www.homeobook.com/homoeopathy-in-management-of-generalized-anxiety-disorder/
Posted on: 8th April, 2016